Skip Navigation
Body fade

Boarding up procedure

If we've used force to enter your home or premises we must make it secure again before we leave. If you're not there to do it yourself we will board it up.

Emergency boarding up

The emergency boarding up procedure will be carried out by security-cleared staff from Rapid Secure Ltd. 

How it works

All damaged doors and windows will be boarded. If a padlock is fitted to allow access you can collect the keys in person from the nearest police station. Please bring identification with you.

Rapid Secure Ltd will take photographs of the work they've carried out and leave you documentation explaining what's happened, what you should do next and how to contact them.


Although we must make sure premises are left secure we're not liable for the cost of boarding up if the damage is the result of: 
  • criminal damage
  • burglary
  • the premises were insecure
In these circumstances you're responsible for the cost by either paying for repairs yourself or referring the matter to your insurance company. 

Rapid Secure Ltd will invoice you directly unless you notify them that the matter has been referred to your insurers. 

Warrants and court orders

If we've entered your home or premises by force because we executed a warrant issued by the courts (for example to search a property) we may cover the costs of emergency boarding up depending on the circumstances. However, you'll be required to pay for any permanent repairs.

If forced entry is made to an incorrect address under a warrant, we'll pay for emergency boarding up and may also pay for permanent repairs.
Back to Break Ins

Was this page helpful?

This website uses cookies. By using this website, you're accepting our cookies policy and consenting to cookies being used. Read the Kent Police Website Privacy and Cookies Policy. Find out more about Kent Police and your personal data in our Data Privacy notice 2018.

Share with: