More on the strategy
Many different services and providers work to support families and individuals affected by domestic abuse.
The strategy will bring the work of partners together, working to the same objectives over Kent and Medway, enabling the Executive to deliver the strongest possible response and services.
The strategy discusses five key priorities:
- Driving change together - emphasising the importance of promoting change through joint commitment, leadership and partnership working,
- Prevention and early intervention - seeking to reduce the incidence of domestic abuse through effective preventative support,
- Provision of services - having responsive and effective services for groups at risk of, or subject to domestic abuse,
- Minimising harm - equality of access to all and supporting a person or family through longer term support needs,
- Justice, recovery and ongoing protection - provision of effective, engaged, supportive, responsive and timely protection and justice.
Domestic abuse is a widespread crime which affects many people. Together we can better help those effected and reduce its impact.
If you require any of the information in an alternative format, please email [email protected]
, or telephone them on 03000 415782