Kent Police Open Day 2019 - BOOK NOW
We're officially counting down to the next Kent Police Open Day, being held at the Kent Police College in Maidstone on Sunday 30 June 2019.
The open day is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the work we do across the county, watch our teams in action and get the latest information to keep you and your loved ones safe.
Like last year, this is a ticketed event to ensure we keep visitor numbers at a safe and manageable level.
Book your tickets online now.
Running from 10am to 4pm, the event offers something for all ages:
- Interested in gaming? Test your skills on our gaming bus, plus get tips to keep you safe online.
- See how the emergency services and other partner agencies keep Kent’s roads safe in our exciting live demos.
- Fancy a career in policing? Talk to our officers, see what they do, and then visit our recruitment stand to find out what opportunities we have for you.
- See what it’s really like to visit police custody and spend time in the cells.
- Try your hand at designing a police car in our very own cop car workshop.
- Become a CSI for the day, search for evidence at our crime scene and have your fingerprints taken.
- Find out how we solved some of our most newsworthy crimes – and the lengths criminals go to in hope to evade the law.
- Meet crew from the National Police Air Service when they pay us a flying visit.
- Find out how we work with rural communities to tackle and prevent crime – and the various ways you can volunteer with us.
- Plus we’ll have all of your favourite displays – from police dog and taser demonstrations to public order riot control – this day promises to be action-packed and fun for all!
How to book tickets
You can book your tickets online now.
When you make your booking you will be asked to include some basic information, including contact details in case we need to get in touch.
What you need to know
- You must have a valid ticket to gain entry to the event.
- Most of our live demonstrations will be repeated over the course of the day.
- Kent Police College is located along Coverdale Avenue (behind Morrison's supermarket).
- Only assistance dogs will be allowed on site or in our car parks.
- Food, drink and ice creams can be purchased on site.
- No alcohol is permitted on site or in our car parks.
- No bikes, scooters or other forms of transport are allowed on the event site, apart from any which form part of our displays.
Plan your journey
If you live locally, please consider walking to our venue.
By bus: Catch the Arriva No. 12 or 82 bus from Maidstone town centre (our closest bus stop is outside Morrison’s supermarket on Sutton Road). For bus times visit www.arrivabus.co.uk/kent-and-surrey
By car: If you intend to drive, please car share where possible and respect our neighbours by using our dedicated event car park rather than parking on local roads. For sat navs follow ME15 9DP.
Event safety and conditions of entry
- Every visitor must have a valid ticket to enter. Please have these ready when you arrive.
- You must be aged 18 or over to book tickets for this event.
- Adults should bring an additional form of identification and present this if asked.
- Guests aged 15 or under must be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18+.
- Only assistance dogs will be permitted on site or in the car parks.
- For your safety, and the safety of others at the Kent Police Open Day, we will be conducting security searches on the day, including bag and vehicle searches at the entrances to the event site and our car parks.
- We reserve the right to prohibit any item if, in the reasonable opinion of the organisers, it could constitute a risk to safety or security. No facilities exist to store prohibited items at the event entrance, therefore any items removed will be disposed of.
- We retain the right to conduct further searches (including clothing searches) during the event if we have a reasonable suspicion to do so.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission.
- If you are refused entry to the event, or have been previously removed, you may not attempt re-gain entry.
Planning ahead – whatever the weather
- The Kent Police Open Day is an open-air venue with limited indoor sites, therefore we cannot guarantee refuge to guests in the event of extreme weather. Guests are asked to come prepared for all weather conditions (including extreme heat) and be aware of their surroundings.
- Organisers of the Kent Police Open Day may interrupt or reschedule displays, or cancel the event, if an extreme weather situation occurs. Display updates and direction will be provided over the public address system and by event staff and officers.
- You don’t have to let rain prevent you from having a great day; come prepared - there’s so much to see and do!